Accessing Fort Leonard Wood following the REAL ID Act of 2005Drivers’ licenses and identification cards from the states of Missouri, Minnesota, Washington, and American Samoa are no longer accepted as a valid form of identification alone to gain access to Fort Leonard Wood and its facilities. Drivers’ licenses and identification cards from these states are non-compliant with the standards of the federal REAL ID Act.
Acceptable alternate forms of identification that may be used in conjunction with a state driver's license to potentially gain access to the installation are:
- United States Passport or United States Passport Card
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Permanent Resident Card/Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Foreign passport with a temporary (I-551) stamp or temporary (I-551) printed notation on a machine readable
- Employment authorization document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)
- Foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing same name as passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not expired and proposed employment is not in conflict with restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
- School identification card with photograph
- U.S. Military or draft record (Certified Copy of DD Form 214)
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Native American Tribal Document
Visitor(s) requesting access without a REAL ID Act compliant form of identification or cannot provide supplemental identity proofing documents as listed above, must be escorted by a DOD credentialed person at all times while on the installation. All persons requesting unescorted access will continue to be vetted through the National Crime Information Center, prior to being issued an installation pass.
FOR NON US CITIZENS (TO INCLUDE RESIDENT ALIENS):NON US CITIZENS DO NOT USE THE ONLINE PASS APPLICATION! Your pass will be issued when you arrive at Fort Leonard Wood and your
sponsor/escort must be present at the time of pass issuance, and each entry thereafter. NON-US citizens are not permitted unescorted access to Fort Leonard Wood. Please contact Ranae Grehl RGrehl@eventPower.com if you require an escort.
Foreign nationals should be prepared with the following.
- FULL Name:
- FULL Mailing Address:
- Date of Birth:
- Country of Birth:
- Sex (male/female):
- Passport number:
- Visa number (if applicable):
- Resident alien card number (if applicable):
- US State and driver's license number (if applicable):